Monday, August 24, 2009

My New Janome (juh-NO-me)

This is what we bought today. It's made in Taiwan--as are most machines today, I discovered. Janome and Brother are the only sewing machines left that are actually manufactured by the company they're named for. All the research I did lead me back to this brand. I talked to a lady who teaches sewing at Bernina and she told me that she thinks Janome is the best machine. I read reviews by folks posted on the internet, I talked to several dealers--everyone was unanimous--get a Janome. So I did. This model (DC2010) is a straight sewing machine--I was advised by the dealer that if you're only going to have one machine, it should be a straight sewing maching instead of a serger. They asked if I'm interested in embroidery, but I think I wouldn't use it except maybe for making things for Buttercup and little C, and it wouldn't be worth the extra money. First thing I did was mend a shirt I had laying on my sewing table for about 3 months. Now to finish my family room door curtains.

2 comments:

  1. That's so great, Mom! I am looking at a Janome serger. Because, you know, there's a little girl who's showing up into the world naked. We can't have that. The girl needs some clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I assume you got the link I sent you? Isn't it great!

    ReplyDelete