Thursday, August 13, 2009

In Texas

I think I'll replace my profile photo. It's one I had taken at work and looks altogether too "professional". That really won't do. I am loving this week at Amy's house. Her boys are being darling. Calysta is having a good time playing new games and being the "little sister" (sometimes they're pests, you know), and of course, it was wonderful to see Karie (and finally her little biscuit) even for just an afternoon. It's a great thing to see that your children grew up to be capable, smart and kind--I don't think it gets any better than that! We're doing sewing machine research so I can make a good decision when I get home. So far, the best recommendation is a reconditioned older Singer--definitely not a new one. I dunno. If anyone has another opinion, I would love to hear it. I have great grandbaby quilts to design and create--I'll make one and the others will be like it--same as I did the grandbaby quilts. Tonight we're going to Bunko (Bunco?) and I will finally discover what that's all about--I have been hearing about this for a long time from many different people, but never participated. Then we're driving to Galveston and the beach tomorrow--can't wait for that--it's good for my San Diego girl's heart. It's early and I'm reading a book, so I'll go work on that--no, not work, just read.

No comments:

Post a Comment