Friday, August 21, 2009

Bobby's surgery and recovery

Well, I think we're past the worst of it. Actually, today was the most painful his incision has been -- I think it's healing and stinging/itching. I caught some sort of stomach mess and was really ill the day I brought him home--I came in and lay down on the couch and fell asleep. Yesterday was a repeat--just plain yucky. Today a little tired, but stomach OK. This evening, I think I may actually survive. Meanwhile, I have been taking care of Bobby, who, lucky for me, slept a lot yesterday. We got out a few times today. He's taking a muscle relaxer and 1/2 a pain pill so he's a little "goobery" -- and I can definitely tell regular goobery from drug-induced goobery! The pain in his leg emanating from his spine is gone. That was the purpose of the surgery, so we're grateful for that. I think that's all.

3 comments:

  1. That is good to hear. Sorry you got sick. That sucks. Let me know if I can do anything for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt realize he was having his surgery so quickly. For some reason I thought it was still a few weeks away! Glad to hear he is healing nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When we take him for his post-op check-up, he's going to have an MRI of the cervical spine--may need similar procedure there.

    ReplyDelete