Thursday, January 14, 2010

July '09

July was a fairly eventful month, mostly for unpleasantness. For Bobby, it was a lower lumbar disc bulging, as we found out--it was encroaching on the spinal column and the resulting pinch in the nerve was sending immense pain down his left leg. He could barely walk. By the end of July, he was unable to complete a day's work, and went to work one day, turned around and came home. He arrived about time for me to leave for my work--the hospital--so I took him to the ER there. By the end of the day, we knew he wouldn't be back at work any time soon. His MRI showed the bulge in the L5 disc, and our family doc referred him to a neurosurgeon. Yikes! Surgery was scheduled for mid-August. I was eager to get retired, and had started really looking forward to two daughters coming (Amy and Christy). They wanted to give me a retirement party and actually having them come was the best part of my month--just thinking about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment