Monday, May 2, 2011

Update

Both my eyes are healed, I think.  I had my second post-op exam last week and I'm seeing 20/20 in both eyes--for distant vision!  I will still need glasses for reading, but even my close-up vision is better.  I also have very nice sun glasses.  All in all, my eyes are better than they were when I was 13.  Win for me.

My feet still hurt from the neuromas, but they're actually a lot better, I think.  At least I don't lie down in bed and they keep aching/throbbing.  Also, when I'm wearing my proper shoes, I can walk with almost no gimping around.

As for the right hand--I dunno.  I guess I'll have to see a hand doctor--what the hell is a hand doctor?

I've been substituting at the two local high schools almost every day.  Last day of school is May 27.  By that time, I will have earned enough to get my quilting machine.

Due to starting immune-suppressant drugs soon, I will severely limit my teaching next fall.  I think only the school around the corner from us, and then only maybe 4-5 days per month.  You know, schools are just big petri dishes.  Also, since I have been working so much, I have had no desire to quilt or even sew.  I'll be glad to have my old routine back.  But I have been single-minded about earning enough to get my quilting machine.  I have several large quilts that will cost many dollars to have someone else quilt, and I do not intend to do hand quilting.  PUH-LEEZE!!

Bobby's working part-time at the Wal-Mart in Moore.  It's good for him, he says.

I think I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment