Sunday, September 20, 2009

...with apologies to Gilbert and Sullivan:

So, here's the Buttercup quilt. You can't see the poem unless you're up close. If I were to do it again, I would use a much darker gold for the text blocks. Oh well... I took the poem from the Gilbert & Sullivan operetta "H.M.S. Pinafore". Since I changed a few words, I guess it's ours now.
I'm called Little Buttercup
Just Little Buttercup
Though I could never tell why.
Yet still I'm called Buttercup
Sweet Little Buttercup
Dear Little Buttercup, I.
Anyway, it's coming to Austin in December to meet the real Buttercup. I can't wait to meet her.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, Mom. It turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AW!

    That is precious! I can't wait to see it in person! I can't wait to see Buttercup in person!

    Thank you so much! B will love it.

    ReplyDelete