Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Calling All Grandchildren (MINE)

If I haven't made you a quilt, it's because I'm not sure what your favorite colors are. If you're a grand-SON--I know quilts are not your priority, but someday, you will have a home and a regular bed where a quilt might come in handy.  If you're a granddaughter, I may have already made you one, but if not, --well, never mind, I've made one for all the granddaughters...

As for the grandsons, I have seen several quilts that would do for guys.  So, you won't get flowers and girlie things--unless you want them.

TO THE MOTHERS OF MY GRANDSONS--Go ask your boys and get me some directions, please.

5 comments:

  1. Purple is one of my favorite colors. Regular purple, though. Not lavender or light purple. The same goes for green or blue. I'd like to see your artistic vison, though.

    -Taylor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey--it could be something you're interested in--a little abstracted, or, maybe--I have an interesting one that looks like UPC code--or a very large star, or a star that resembles an Escher painting, or one that has about a million glass-shaped pieces just sewn together where the color is the interesting thing. From what you said about color, I think you're talking about jewel tones (ask a girl).

      Delete
  2. Taylor, your mom told me that jewel tones would probably be too bright for you, but the same tones, similar saturation, but with more muted values would be perfect--and she thought you'd like that, so I'm making you a tumbler quilt with muted jewel tones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not muted jewel tones--changed my mind--perfect "guy" colors now!!

      Delete