Tuesday, June 8, 2010

T-shirt Quilt

Amy asked me to post this t-shirt quilt I made. I attended a class offered by our local quilt shop teaching how to make a t-shirt quilt. I was intrigued by the idea so went to the class.
Bobby wasn't too keen on the idea of cutting up his t-shirts so I just used mine and pieced a quilt to fit the twin- and full-sized mattresses upstairs in our "hotel".
When I got home and showed him what I had done, he liked it so well, he asked me to make it for our bed (which it did not fit--we sleep on a queen-sized bed).
At that point he was all for cutting up some of his t-shirts and doing it up right. So that's what I did, with the results above.
Alisa will recognize the sashing pieces from her quilt. Amy might recognize the bottom row of sashing from the lining of our quilt bags. The border and backing were purchased specifically for this quilt.
One interesting thing about this quilt is that instead of a batting, the instructions called for fusible fleece (who knew there was such a thing?), so that's what I used. It was very easy to use and required one less layer to manage, and I plan to use that method in the future.
I am looking forward to Amy and her boys being here in July--in fact I can hardly wait! We plan to take a class on the use of our new sergers, and hopefully some other terrific things we might think of.
That's all I know for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment